Instagram Photography Competition
Show us Mirvac, through YOUR lens
We invite you to showacase Mirvac, through your lens.
To enter, simply take a photo of a Mirvac Office or Industrial asset and upload it to your Instagram including a tag to the Mirvac Office & Industrial Instagram account and the hashtag #MirvacYourLens. Think outside the square and be as creative as you like! Full details and terms and conditions below.
How to Enter
- Follow the @mirvac_office_industrial Instagram page
- Photograph the exterior of a Mirvac office or industrial site
- Post your image on Instagram
- Your post must include a tag to @mirvac_office_industrial the competition hashtag #MirvacYourLens
- Ensure your Instagram privacy is set to public to enable Mirvac to view your entry photo.
First Prize - $2,500
The photographer of the favourite image, chosen by a Mirvac panel, will win $2.500 prize money. The winner will be announced via the Mirvac Office & Industrial Instagram on Thursday 4th July.
People's Choice Award - $1,000
Mirvac will select the top three entries and these will be posted on the @mirvac_office_industrial Instagram on Friday 5th July. The post that achieves the most engagement (combination of likes and comments) will be deemed the People’s Choice winner. The People's Choice winner will be announced on the @mirvac_office_industrial Instagram on Tuesday 9th July.
Where to find us
With a focus on Melbourne and Sydney cities, we also have office and industrial assets located across Australia in Perth and Brisbane.
The Mirvac ecosystem is integrated into the urban landscape, often so subtle you may not have even realized it. To assist you in finding us, the below links provide information on each of our office and industrial assets and where you can find them.
View #MirvacYourLens entries below
More about Mirvac
Mirvac is one of the only integrated property companies in Australia, encompassing residential, retail, office and industrial. We haven’t done this believing ‘bigger is better’; rather we recognise the benefits in having a diversified portfolio that’s resilient enough to withstand inevitable market cycles.
With our overarching purpose to reimagine urban life, we take a holistic approach to urban development, recognising that life isn’t compartmentalised.
We view Office and Industrial in the context of a bigger urban picture understanding the intrinsic relationship between our spaces and human life. It’s for this reason we create mixed-use developments that often blend office, retail, residential and community spaces.
#MirvacYourLens - Office and Industrial Photography Competition Terms and Conditions
Background to Competition
1. Mirvac Real Estate Pty Ltd ACN 003 342 452 (Mirvac or the Promoter) recently introduced the #MirvacYourLens Instagram competition (Competition).
2. The Competition is open for a limited time. The Competition commences from 9:00am on 23rd May 2019 and ends at 11:59pm on 4th July 2019 (Competition Period). All references to time in these terms and conditions are referenced to local time in Sydney.
3. Subject to these terms and conditions, Mirvac invites Eligible Entrants to participate in the Competition by uploading a Photo to the Eligible Entrant's Instagram page with the tags @mirvac_office_industrial and #MirvacYourLens. The Competition Winner will receive $2,500.00 in prize money and the PC Award Winner will receive $1,000.00 in prize money.
4. The following terms and conditions apply to the Competition. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. A reference to Mirvac or the Promoter in these terms and conditions, where appropriate, Mirvac's employees, officers, volunteers, agents and contractors.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Eligibility to enter the Competition
5. Entry to the Competition is open to natural persons over the age of 16 acting on their own behalf (Eligible Entrants). The Competition is not open to:
a) businesses or companies, registered builders, superannuation funds or persons acting as agent on behalf of other persons; or
b. directors, management, employees and agents of Mirvac (and any of Mirvac's Related Bodies Corporate' as defined in the Corporation Act 2001 (Cth)) and their immediate families.
6. In the event the Eligible Entrant is under the age of 18 years, the Eligible Entrant's parent or legal guardian must upon request by Mirvac, complete a legal release and indemnity form (to be provided by Mirvac) (the Release) in order to participate in the Competition (Request). The Release must be signed by the parent or legal guardian and submitted to Mirvac within 2 days of the Request.
7. The Eligible Entrant will be deemed to be the person who submitted the entry. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, Mirvac reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
How to enter the Competition
8. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period:
a. follow the @mirvac_office_industrial Instagram account (O & I Instagram);
b. take a photo of a Mirvac office or industrial percinct from a safe and public area (Photo);
c. Upload and post the Photo to the Eligible Entrants Instagram account which must include:
i. a tag to @mirvac_office_industrial; and
ii. the hashtag #MirvacYourLens in the caption.
9. An Eligible Entrants Instagram account must be set to public so that Mirvac can retrieve the Eligible Entrant's Photo.
10. Eligible Entrants may submit multiple entries.
11. By entering the Competition, Eligible Entrants warrant to Mirvac that:
a. the Photo is an original work of the Eligible Entrant that does not infringe the rights, including moral rights, of any third parties; and
b. they have written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Photo (including if the individual is a child under the age of 18 - the child's parent or legal guardian) to use the name and likeness of each and every such identifiable person to enable inclusion and use of the Photo for the purposes of the Competition.
12. Any Photo that is deemed to not belong or to be taken by the relevant Eligible Entrant will not be eligible for the Prize.
13. The time of entry is deemed to be the time the entry is posted by the Eligible Entrant to the Eligible Entrant's Instagram account.
14. All entries become the property of Mirvac once they are received by Mirvac. Credit and acknowledgement will be given to the photographer of any Competition image used by Mirvac.
15. Eligible Entrants must disclose to Mirvac any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of this Competition and/or Mirvac at the time of entering the Competition or as soon as the Eligible Entrant becomes aware of such issues.
16. Mirvac reserves the right to remove or disqualify an Eligible Entrant or their entry from the Competition if Mirvac, in its absolute discretion, deems that the entry or the Eligible Entrant's continued involvement in the Competition will (in any way) negatively impact on the success of the Competition and/or negatively influence the general purpose of the Competition. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. It is a condition of participating in the Competition that Eligible Entrants agree to be interviewed, photographed or filmed by or on behalf of Mirvac and for their entry to be photographed, videoed and/or used for a story or feature on this Competition and to appear in print, digital, film or social media content (or any other form of media it deems suitable) on a royalty free basis for an unlimited creative control) will remain at the discretion of Mirvac at all times. Any story or feature does not create a relationship or employer and employee, principal and agent, partnership or joint venture or similar between the Eligible Entrant and Mirvac.
Drawing of winners
18. There will be 2 Competition winners - The Competition Winner and the People's Choice Award.
a. A panel of judges (comprised of three Mirvac employees) (Panel) will select the winner of the Competition (Competition Winner) and three (3) Eligible Entrants to participate in the People's Choice Award (PC Award Entrants).
b. Mirvac will repost the Photo of the PC Award Entrants to the O&I Instagram. The winner of the People's Choice Award will be the PC Award Entrant that has the highest amount of engagement from the time posted to a time at Mirvac's discrtion (PC Award Winner). The highest amount of engagement will be determined by the Panel with consideration given to the amount of likes and comments each Photo has received on the O&I Instagram.
c. Each Photo will be individually judged by the Panel based on its originality, creativity, technique and suitability to the Competition. The Panel's decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Mirvac will notify winners via Instagram by 20th July and the winners must contact Mirvac by reply message no later than 25th July to claim their prize.
20. If a winner does not claim a Prize by 11:59pm on 27th July, Mirvac will deem the winner to be no longer eligible to receive the Prize. In that event, Mirvac will conduct a redraw at the same time and place as the first draw.
21. This Competition is one of skill and chance plays no part.
22. The Competition Winner will receive $2,500.00 in prize money and the PC Award Winner Winner will receive $1,000.00 in prize money (Prize). The total value of the Prize is $3,500.00.
23. The Prize may be subject to specific terms & conditions as required by the issuer or supplier of the Prize.
24. The Prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable and, to the extent that it comprises of non-cash elements, cannot be exchanged for cash. All taxes which may be payable as a consequence of receiving or participating in the Competition or receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Eligible Entrant.
25. If the Prize or any element of the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond Mirvac's control, Mirvac may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at Mirvac's sole discretion, subject to any written directions from any relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the Prize or any element of the Prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
26. Eligible Entrants forfeit all rights to receiving the Prize or participate in the Competition if an Eligible Entrant does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
Further Terms and Conditions of Competition
The following additional terms and conditions also apply to the Competition:
27. In participating in the Competition, each Eligible Entrant assigns all of their rights, title and interest in and to their Photo to Mirvac, and agrees to execute any document to confirm such assignment. The Eligible Entrant acknowledges that Mirvac may use their Photo for social media and marketing purposes and that Mirvac will provide credit and acknowledgement to the photographer in the case their Photo is used for these purposes.
28. Each person participating in the Competition at their own risk.
29. Mirvac's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and binding on all who enter, and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster), technical difficulties, virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Mirvac reserves the right, subject any applicable rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
31. Failure by Mirvac to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. Mirvac reserves the right to request Eligible Entrants provide proof of identity and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Mirvac.
33. To the extent permitted by law, Mirvac is not liable to the Elible Entrant for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental loss or damages or special or punitive damages arising out of or on connection with the Eligible Entrant's participation in this Competition even if Mirvac has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
34. Without limiting paragraph 30, Mirvac is neither responsible nor liable for:
a. any entry or claim for the Prize that is incomplete, incorrectly submitted, late, lost, stolen, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Mirvac) including because of any failure in telecommunications equipment or service;
b. any postage costs including but not limited to courier costs in sending the entry to Mirvac's address;
c. any injury to any person (participating in the Competition or third party), death or property damage that may arise from the Photo being taken;
d. any financial, legal or tax liability that may arise from participating in the Competition; or
e. any defect or technical problem associated with the Prize.
35. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
Privacy Collection Statement
37. The Mirvac Group (Mirvac Limited and its controlled entities) collects and uses personal information about you to promote its products and services and may disclose personal information to third parties, agents and services providers. Mirvac also uses your personal information for related purposes including to request your feedback on the products and services provided by Mirvac. If you do not provide all the personal information Mirvac requests from you, Mirvac may be unable to provide these products or services to you.
38. Mirvac may disclose personal information about you to third party agents and service providers to assist Mirvac in the operation of its business to provide the product and services you request. Your personal information may also be disclosed to overseas recipients who use the personal information to assist Mirvac in the operation of its business in countries including, but not limited to, the United States of America, the Philippines, Japan and United Kingdom.